Tales of walking, eating, watching and playing. Vintage treasures and simple pleasures ... the things that make her happy.

Thursday 12 May 2016

Walking ...

... through a big world,
towards a blue promise,
teasing in the distance.
Sheltering from a broken raincloud 
in a silent forest,
Garlic carpeted.
Heavily, headily scented.
Pungent, raw.
 Sunshine returning,
Warming them. 
They picked wild garlic and nettle.
Feasting later on garlic bread and pesto and nettle soup.
From forest to coast,
 the following day ...
for Sea Kale ...
her favourite,
with butter, lemon, pepper and slivers of roasted almond. 





9 comments:

WILLIE...! =(^..^)= said...

Ah! Allium Ursinum....
One of the two things l grew up on.....
The other being Olive Oil...As long as l
can remember Mia Mama..She put Garlic and
Olive Oil into everything! Even in my teens,
cross country running, always rubbed Olive
Oil into my legs!
Love the words..Heavily scented, pungent, raw!
"What's for lunch Willie". mmmmmmmmmM! :).

Madelief said...

Sounds just perfect!

Happy weekend ahead!

Madelief x

roughterrain crane said...

I have never eaten wild garlic. I would like to smell it. You are enjoying the whole spring.
Thanks for your comment in my post. I have seen earthenware made 5000 years ago decorated with repeated patterns by a rolling pin.

Catherine said...

Foraging! How lovely. It all sound absolutely perfect.

Vix said...

That sea view is gorgeous!
Don't have to travel further than the garden for wild garlic, I love it. xxx

Barbara said...

I’ve sometimes wondered what sea kale might taste like. I’ve never tried it but it sounds wonderful with the addition of butter, lemon, pepper and slivers of roasted almond. Wild garlic has such an amazing smell, but again I’ve never tried it. I really enjoyed this post you write so poetically. x

Sarah Hawkings said...

I love walking through woodland carpeted with wild garlic and cooking with it as well.

Lovely photos M.

Sarah xx

handmade by amalia said...

I'm a bit late with my blog reading, having been on vacation, but I've finally arrived to join you on this pretty walk.
Amalia
xo

tree said...

I never heard of sea kale. Now that is awesome and healthy!