Tales of walking, eating, watching and playing. Vintage treasures and simple pleasures ... the things that make her happy.

Wednesday 27 April 2011

Latest treasures ...

Had a lovely 'buying day' on Sunday.  These are some of my latest purchases, all of which will be coming with me to the Sherborne Antiques and Flea Market this coming Saturday ...



This is Archie.  He's very welll behaved - has a slightly bemused, "I didn't do it" look on his face!


 A very sweet coronation sampler.
  
 

Beautiful little glass tray / cakestand with fold-down handle.  Perfect for displaying your cupcakes, special pieces of jewellery (like this pretty diamante cuff) or a collection of powder compacts.


Pretty Wade dish sitting on a gorgeously embroidered linen teatime cloth.


Wonderfully fresh and bright hand painted jam pot and Devonmoor jug.



Pretty and perfect jug and dish.


Watering cans - I can't keep any more - I have at least eight of these in my tiny garden already!


I have finally finished mending and laundering the linens mentioned in my very first post.  These are just a few of them.  A real labour of love.


Lengths of lace and crochet wound onto dolly pegs, hanky's, doillies, napkins ... and lots, lots more.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my goodness, I think I'm in love with Archie!!, please don't sell him to any one else... I will cry !! xx

Shortbread and Ginger said...

What a handsome fellow Archie is! Linens look fantastic.
Liz

Primchick said...

Good luck at the fair.... have fun too :o)

RDA Pony Tales said...

Oh I love Archie too, he looks like my friends little dog, so sweet. I am sure Sophie will give him a good home :) Abby x

Nelly said...

wow I serioulsy have to save to make a trip over your way so many great things