Tales of walking, eating, watching and playing. Vintage treasures and simple pleasures ... the things that make her happy.

Friday 25 May 2012

A Good Year for the Roses ...

The Spectacular Spinning Songbook Tour.
 Elvis lives and he calls himself “Napoleon Dynamite” …

Elvis Costello in sharp suit.  With top hat and cane he entertained.  
Inviting random audience members to “spin the wheel”.  
The unplanned setlist evolving spontaneously … they spin the wheel he sings the song.
Joking, jesting, vaudevillian entertainer and showman.
From pub to punk and ballad to jazz.  

He crooned and lamented.  
She remembered an absent friend and shed a tear for a gentleman, 
a gentle man long departed.

He rocked and he rolled … they had a ball!


6 comments:

Outcast said...

This sounds like a seriously good night to me haha, I actually love Elvis Costello's music too, there's some serious talent involved in making it.

BusyLizzie said...

Looked like a good gig. Love your "lucky boots" comment on my blog! Lizzie

Anonymous said...

I've heard of Elvis Costello but not familiar with his music. It certainly looks like a great concert! Having said that, I think I'll go to YouTube and check him out!

Flaming Nora said...

Oh wow! Lucky lucky you. I love Elvis Costello.
I saw him about 15 yrs ago and he did something very similar, but the spinny wheel was now where as slick. In fact it looked decidedly homemade.
Off to listen to some of his tunes now.
Thanks xx

The Art of Vintique said...

What fun, wish I was there!
Always liked his music.
Joasia x

Jelly Jam said...

Oh Mr Jam is so jealous! He told me all about the spin the wheel tour after the CD turned up a few weeks ago. He loves Elvis and has seen him play this kind of show in the past - such a great idea.
Ellie
x