Tales of walking, eating, watching and playing. Vintage treasures and simple pleasures ... the things that make her happy.

Friday 12 August 2011

This week

I have found a new job! 

and ... a thick, puffy, raspberry marshmallow of an eiderdown, it's puffiness enough to make even a Princess fail to feel a pea in her bed.   And yes, those crumples will be ironed out!
Big, shiny, men's black leather riding boots and sweet little Startrite's
Lovely old tin decorated with birds and flowers.  Neat little chestnut velvet turban.
Brown leatherette case, with shiny, smooth action locks, and complete with key.  Perfectly useful for travel or storage.
Lilac painted linen bin, heavy metal chest and two pairs of fallow deer antlers
 I also came upon a huge bag of lace and trimmings - I will get almost as excited sorting through that lot as I will sorting through a tin of buttons!

Shopsitting at Barrington Court woodcarving gallery on and off over the next couple of weeks which is always enjoyable - I get to meet lots of lovely people and can sit and do a bit of my own crafting at the same time.

15 comments:

A Treasured Past said...

Yay!!!!!! Congratulations! I am so happy for you.

Great finds too....Tam x

Nelly said...

I see lots there I would have loved That eiderdown is gorgeous.

Shortbread and Ginger said...

Antlers - what a strange find - did you get them in a charity shop? Love the eiderdown - remember my Gran having one like that!
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

Rose H (UK) said...

WOW! No wonder you're exited! Wonderful treasures :o)
Not forgetting of course congratulations on your new job...

mrs cheese said...

I NEED to come on a treasure hunt with you please.
Have you thought about a guided trip around your haunts.........I'll come
xx

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said...

What brilliant finds. Love the tin and antlers especially. I'd love to know what you're going to do with the antlers. My friend has mounted some on a rack and hangs his coats up on them.
Well done on your new job, that's excellent news. xx

Vintage Sweetheart said...

Yay for a new job!

That eiderdown looks amazing so fluffy great to snuggly under!

E :)

Mimi and Tilly said...

Congratulations on your new job! That eiderdown is just gooooorgeous! Great finds, everything is really beautiful. Thank you for your lovely sweet comment on my lbog earlier in the week when i was feeling grim. It made a big difference to know you were rooting for me. Big hugs, Em xxx

Pippin Lane said...

Congrats on the new job......
I want the eiderdown AND the turban!!!! ( My Mother would be saying " I wants don't get!"...)Why don't I find treasures like that?
Nattie x

*Maristella* said...

Hi Girl! Molto bello il tuo nuovo lavoro! Mi piace molto anche la piccola vecchia valigia marrone!
Un caro saluto, *Maistella*.

Ellie said...

Congratulations on the new job! How very exciting for you! Am I the only one reminded of Mr. Darcy by those tall riding boots? xx

Angy is my name. said...

Ooooooh... Deer Antlers... I love em!

PCovi said...

I love seeing people's finds as well as showing mine...those antlers are great!
And the little shoes :)

Ellie said...

How bizarre that you are unable to follow me! I've never had the problem before, or no one has told me! I have adjusted the email settings so hopefully it works now! xx

Laurie said...

What a wonderful pile of finds! My favorite is the little velvet turban hat. I love seeing what others have found in their junking! I am like you -- a bag of lace or buttons will make my day!