Tales of walking, eating, watching and playing. Vintage treasures and simple pleasures ... the things that make her happy.

Monday 18 April 2011

Orphaned and Abandoned Teacups

Just thought I’d show off some teacup pincushions and candles I have made recently.  I have been making them for a couple of years now and they have proved to be very popular which I am super duper pleased about as I love making them. 

The pin cushions are all made from vintage fabrics and remnants of embroidery.  They are weighted in the base and tightly stuffed with wadding. 

The candles are made from environmentally friendly soy wax which burns much slower and longer.  The residue can be simply washed out in warm soapy water, so that the cup can be re-used or I re-fill with wax for a small fee! 

Some of the cups may be stained inside or have lost their saucer or even have a fine hairline crack.  Some are perfect but just no longer wanted.  Whatever their tale of woe, I can’t bear to see them thrown them away so they come home with me to start a new chapter in their life.


Agnes  £8


Edith  £8


Freddie  £6


Matilde  £7


Betty  £6


Audrey  £6


Esther  £7


Alice  £7


Melissa  £8


Dorothy  £4


Madeline  £7

 These (plus several more) will all be coming with me to the next fair at Sherborne.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your Tea cups xx Hope you had a good day at CB... very exhausting hey? Will see you on the 30th xx

ted and bunny said...

hi there- thanks for the lovely comment you left about me doing nothing (needless to say I'm up to my ears in it today!)

Love these teacup pincushions, and I love the way the names suit their characters.

What a lovely blog- I've copied the recipe for wild garlic pesto and will try it out on w.e supper guests...brave or what!

Are you selling at Shepton this weekend?
xx