Tales of walking, eating, watching and playing. Vintage treasures and simple pleasures ... the things that make her happy.

Monday 11 April 2011

My Love of Starch!

I love the crisp feel it gives to my linens, the fresh smell, the slight sheen.  My local co-op stock it just for me I think.  Last week’s laundry challenge saw me finish 2 cans and I’ve now almost finished a third!  Most of the linens have come up well and have been restored to their beautiful, former snowy whiteness.  I was able to take some to the Textile fair at Sherborne’s Digby Hall on Saturday but still have a lot to finish.  I’ll be back in my laundry maid’s uniform again tomorrow!


If only I could look as serene as this beauty!   A Laundry Maid Ironing  circa 1765-82 by Henry Robert Morland




My stall on Saturday

Yesterday, we went a searching for wild garlic.  More about that tomorrow ...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your linens always look so beautifully laundered.....thank you for the feedsacks, I'm so pleased with them xx

BumbleVee said...

Ooooh, what fun it would have been to poke about at your stall! I may have had to take a tea cup home....