Tales of walking, eating, watching and playing. Vintage treasures and simple pleasures ... the things that make her happy.

Thursday 14 April 2016

Spring Vintage fairs ...

Spring is in the air ...
and there are a few vintage markets to enjoy over the next couple of weeks ...

The Vintage Bazaar at the Cheese & Grain, Frome 
takes place this Saturday 16th April.
VJ will not be stalling there but hopes to visit!
There are always so many beautiful stalls to tempt at this true vintage affair.
Next up is the Wells Vintage Somerset Vintage and Retro Fair,
held at the Seager Hall, just off Wells High Street,
on Saturday 23rd April.
There is always plenty of fab vintage fashion to be be found at this event,
perfect for indulging all your sartorial needs.
And ... you can combine a visit to this fair with a day in Wells,
enjoying the cathedral grounds, interesting shopping and a lively food market.
The following day, the 24th April,
 sees the second Bridport Vintage Market of the year
at the Michael's Trading Estate.
This market will take place on the last Sunday of every month
 through to the end of September.
 There is always an eclectic mix of vintage treasure
 to be had at this market.  The vintage shops in the Alleyways
and Albion Antiques Centre will be open too.  
There is always a great vibe with a bit of live music
and fabulous food from the Red Brick Cafe
(sometimes the Jalopy Pizza van rocks up too).
You can combine this market with a trip along the road
to the coast at West Bay or Burton Bradstock
and for the energetic among you,
there is always a walk to the top of Golden Cap 
(that's what Mr VJ will be doing!).
And then, to round off April,
another favourite fair ...
the Spring Roxy Vintage Fair 
at St Andrew's Church House, Cheddar.
Always a lovely mix quality handmade and true vintage.
 Expect to find china, clothing, textiles, gardenalia, kithchenalia,
lighting and sooo much more!
And afterwards, check out Cheddar Gorge!
 
Come and get your vintage fix and one or all of these lovely fairs!
Hope to see you there.
Do come and say hello!

13 comments:

Fiona said...

Wish I lived nearer. I walked to the top of Golden Cap one year, from our holiday cottage in Charmouth....I ached for days.

handmade by amalia said...

I see a lot of fun days out and many shopping bags in your future.
Amalia
xo

Sarah Hawkings said...


Lots here for my diary M. Thank you, I will be at the VB tomorrow so I hope to see you there.

Sarah xx

Lyosha Varezhkina said...

the look so cute! love fairs!

Lyosha
Inside and Outside Blog

*Maristella* said...

Hi Marina, I have so much nostalgia in your England, I wish I was there ... I sad :o(
Kissssss. *Maristella*.

Down by the sea said...

I will get to see you this year! Where do you usually have your stall at the Vintage Monthly meeting at Bridport?
Sarah x

the woolly dog said...

That's really helpful thank you, I'll make a note, should be able to get to at least one this year! Pi x

vintageandart said...

It ALL sounds amazing...how l'd love to visit even ONE of these fantastic events....Hope you have a lovely hike up Golden Cap (a mountain l'm guessing?? how wonderfully fit you and family must be:-) The drive along the coast to a fair is more my speed....Spring in England would be fun!!

Melancholy and Menace said...

Oh, I do love a vintage fair (used to organise them for charity) and your photos all make me want to find one nearby. I do enjoy a good rummage ♥

Barbara said...

Hi Marina, thank you for sharing all these lovely fairs – lots to look forward to. Your hints about other things in the area are also really appreciated.

Unknown said...

Hi Marina, wow you are going to busy, I am also trading at Jills Roxy fair so look forward to seeing you :-) dee xx

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Love vintage markets, not been in a long while. Marvellous pictures and tips. I hope you have a gorgeous weekend xx

Curtains in My Tree said...


Oh How I would love to attend that vintage market place,
seems I haven't found anything close to that around where I live
It looks so fun